If you are considering dentures or implants, Sherman Oaks Dental is here to help. But before you make up your mind, there are some things to consider.
1. Dentures alone are not your only restorative dentistry option.
Dental implants used alone or in combination with a partial denture is a better option for many of our patients.
What makes implants better? A removable appliance replaces only the visible parts of teeth. An implant, on the other hand, replaces both the root and crown of a tooth. This has critical implications. Dental implants can prohibit bone recession that commonly occurs following tooth extractions. Dental implants can provide patients the near-normal ability to talk and chew.
2. There is more than one type of denture.
Most men and women are familiar with the removable denture that replaces a complete upper or lower arch. There are also partial dentures that are used for patients who have some natural teeth. Partial dentures can be anchored in the mouth or removable.
3. Even if you have worn dentures for a while, you may be a suitable candidate for implant-anchored dentures.
The critical factor is whether you have enough bone to support an implant. Bone grafting can augment bone for some implant recipients. Schedule an appointment with Sherman Oaks Dental to find out if you are a viable candidate.
4. Regardless of your tooth replacement configuration—full dentures, partial dentures, or tooth implants—you still need to practice proper oral hygiene.
Removable appliances should be cleaned daily.
5. Even if you have no original teeth left, it’s essential that you have semiannual dental examination.
Optimal oral health is a vital component of overall physical well-being. At Sherman Oaks Dental, we’ll examine your mouth for indications of cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes. We’ll also examine the condition of your appliance at your visit.
Dr. Michael Bjornbak, one of the most experienced and skilled dental professionals in the Sherman Oaks area, has competence with many tooth restoration and cosmetic dentistry procedures. Other services include Zoom! Teeth Whitening and accelerated orthodontics.
Contact Sherman Oaks Dental – Michael Bjornbak, DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):