Emergency Dental Care in Sherman Oaks
Dental problems can occur at any time, but whether your emergency happens over the weekend or in the middle of the night, Sherman Oaks Dental is here to help you. We want our Sherman Oaks patients to know that when dental emergencies arise, they shouldn’t hesitate to give us a call. At Sherman Oaks Dental, we are an emergency dentist that works hard to provide emergency dental care for our patients who need it.
Your dental emergency could include:
- Chipped or broken teeth – Save any pieces. Apply a cold compress to the outside of the mouth, cheek, or lip near the broken/chipped tooth to keep any swelling down and relieve pain. See your dentist as soon as possible.
- Knocked-out tooth – Bring in your tooth. Knocked out teeth with the highest chances of being saved are those seen by the dentist and returned to their socket within 1 hour of being knocked out. In some cases, this can help preserve the tooth, but if not, we provide great replacement options.
- Extruded (partially dislodged) tooth – See your dentist right away. Until you reach your dentist’s office, to relieve pain, apply a cold compress to the outside of the mouth or cheek in the affected area.
- Lost filling – As a temporary measure, stick a piece of sugarless gum into the cavity. Sugar-filled gum will cause pain. See your dentist as soon as possible.
- Lost crown – See your dentist as soon as possible and bring the crown with you.
- Abscess – Abscesses are infections that occur around the root of a tooth or in the space between the teeth and gums. Abscesses are a serious condition that can damage tissue and surrounding teeth, with the infection possibly spreading to other parts of the body if left untreated. Symptoms may include fever, pain when chewing, foul smell to the breath, redness or swelling of the gums and a tooth sensitivity to hot or cold. Abscesses should be taken care of immediately.
- Toothache – If you experience a severe toothache, it could indicate a more serious dental issue. Call your emergency dentist immediately if your symptoms worsen or become chronic. Your emergency dentist will schedule an emergency dental care appointment immediately to begin diagnosis and treatment.
Have any questions about how we can help with emergency dental services in Sherman Oaks or Van Nuys? Contact us today and get the help you need now. At Sherman Oaks Dental, we’re proud to go the extra mile for our patients by offering emergency dental care services. The next time you find yourself in need of an emergency dentist, don’t think twice about giving us a call.